Onsite maintenance and support of hardware breakdown calls for selected Toshiba
laptop models supplied through registered reseller of Toshiba India Private Limited,
PC Division for a period defined as per the product warranty against any manufacturing
defects or general failure. The list of service exclusions are defined in this document
further. For models numbers covered under onsite support, please refer to Annexure I listed in this
Configuring, troubleshooting or reloading of Factory Pre-Loaded Operating System
or Standard Software supplied along with Toshiba Laptop is supported through TIPL
Call Center or as carry-in warranty in TIPL authorized service centers only. Application
Software support&Data Back-up is the responsibility of Customer.
Onsite Service Locations:
Onsite service is limited to locations mentioned in
Annexure II within the municipal limits. In other locations carry-in service
is available. For details of all Service Centers
Call Center Support:
Onsite Services Through ASPs:
- 8.00 AM to 10.00 PM on all days, except Public Holidays.
- Toll Free Number- 1800-200-6768
TIPL Warranty Process:
- 9.00 AM to 5.30 PM Monday to Friday, except Public Holidays.
- Onsite calls shall be attended on the Next Business Day of call logging and after
receiving confirmed call ID from TIPL Call Center. Calls logged after 12.00 PM shall
be attended on the 2nd Business Day.
How to Avail TIPL Onsite Warranty?
- Warranty service calls are required to be first logged with TIPL Call Center.
- Along with warranty validation, the Call Center provides online technical assistance
to the customers which at many times is sufficient to resolve the problem.
- Customers can directly register their Toshiba laptops online by visiting www.toshiba-india.com/registeronline.
- It is advisable for customers to register the product immediately after purchase
in order to avoid possible delays while availing services later. In case the product
is not yet registered, registration assistance is provided by the Call Center. TIPL
Onsite Warranty Services Ver.10 Standard Terms & Conditions Page 3 of 6
- In case further diagnosis or service by a Technician is required, a valid case ID
is generated by the Call Center and then provided to the customer along with the
service center details.
- Toshiba Authorized Service Partner (ASP) engineer visits the customer premises and
delivers onsite warranty services. The onsite service is limited only to the Municipal
area of cities mentioned in clause 2.0 above.
- Customers can reschedule the Toshiba Authorized Service Partner (ASP) engineer visit
by informing the Toshiba ASP in advance.
- Follow up visits shall on be chargeable basis as per the standard ASP rates or R 350 for ‘Missed Service Visits’
where customers miss the appointments scheduled to TIPL ASP engineers.
- Details of all Toshiba India Laptop Service Centers, Product Information and Drivers
are available at www.toshiba-india.com/laptop.
Refer to TIPL Warranty process to assist you in obtaining service for your Toshiba Laptop. It is recommended to troubleshoot your Toshiba Laptop before logging a service call with the TIPL Call Center.
Prior to placing a service/repair request to Toshiba:
- Always use the original A/C power adaptor that was shipped with the Laptop.
- It is strongly recommended to backup all irreplaceable files (i.e. data files).
The service center will not be responsible for any loss of data.
- Ensure that the latest BIOS, Drivers and Software Components are installed. Check
the installed BIOS version (To check click on Start->Settings->Control Panel->Toshiba
HW Setup->General Tab).
- Remove any extra memory.
- Ensure your work area is a hard flat surface, dust and static free.
- Remove any accessories or peripherals attached to the unit.
- If your system has stopped working properly after installing a new software program,
uninstall the program.
- If your system has stopped working properly after installing a new driver, uninstall
the driver, or run system restore.
- If you are getting a specific error message, please write down the error message
and inform the message when you speak to Technical Support Agent in our call center.
- If you suspect a hardware malfunction, run the “PC Diagnostic Tool”.
To do this, click on Start ->Programs ->Toshiba ->Utilities ->PC Diagnostic
- For 3rd party hardware/software compatibility issues, always refer to the 3rd party
manufacturer’s website or user’s guide.
- For Toshiba Laptop models which are sold without factory pre-loaded Operating System,
Toshiba will provide support assistance only if the customer is using valid licensed
copy of the operating system.
Warranty Exclusions (Repairs not covered under the scope of warranty):
- Perform a self-diagnosis by going through the troubleshooting guide.
- Note the model number and serial number of your Laptop.
- Prepare to describe the problem encountered.
- It is recommended to have your Laptop available when contacting Toshiba for service.
- The Call Center agent shall provide diagnosis assistance and support over the phone.
- Customer is kindly requested to extend full cooperation since it can help in achieving
overall faster resolution of the complaint.
- Installation of laptop or removal of accessory retrofits, peripheral equipment or
computer systems of which the product may be a part.
- Repair of the product due to accident, misuse, abuse, neglect, improper installation,
or improper maintenance.
- Hardware or Software failures due to physical damages, improper site conditions,
rain or weather conditions, liquid spillages, voltage spikes, virus attacks, etc.
- Replacement of missing parts, the provision of retrofits or preventative maintenance.
- Replacement or fixes of pre-installed software.
- Service of products which are not supported by valid Proof of Purchase by customer.
TIPL Onsite Warranty Services Ver.10 Standard Terms & Conditions Page 5 of 6
- Repair or replacement of batteries beyond one year, cover, cosmetic parts, key tops,
printed letters on key tops, lids or other stationary parts, or appearance parts
such as interior or exterior finishes or trim and all other consumables.
- Service made necessary by any external cause, including fire, theft, acts of God,
alteration, problems arising from software or hardware not supplied by Toshiba,
power failures or shortages, or repairs by persons other than those authorized by
Toshiba to service the Product.
- Service on product purchased outside India.
- Service on third party products or software not manufactured and sold by Toshiba
that may be installed in or used in connection with the product.
- Service for software related faults resulting from incorrect software installation
or usage, or software viruses, or software inherent bugs.
- Service of product on which the TOSHIBA label or logo, rating label or serial number
have been defaced or removed.
- Service made necessary by use of incompatible third party products.
- TIPL accepts no responsibility for any software program, data or other information
stored or residing on any media or any part of the product covered by this onsite
warranty, including without limitation, deletion or alteration of the contents of
the hard drive or data storage media which may occur during service of the Product.
- If the hard drive of the product is replaced during service, TIPL ASP will make
reasonable efforts to advise the Customer prior to removal of the hard drive. TIPL
ASP will reload the factory pre-installed software for the Product onto the replacement
drive unless instructed otherwise by Customer.
- If the Customer requires the data from the defective drive then the Customer must
purchase the defective hard drive from TIPL ASP.
- If Customer authorizes TIPL ASP to perform any services excluded under this onsite
warranty, Customer shall pay the TIPL ASP its local repair fees for such work.
- If a reported problem cannot be reproduced during service, TIPL ASP may charge Customer
for costs incurred.
- If service requires replacement of warranty parts, Toshiba will supply new or remanufactured
parts on an exchange basis. Original parts, once exchanged, become the property
- If the customer has misinterpreted the nature of problem and later turns out to
be software problem or other problems outside the scope of warranty during engineer
visit, a minimum charge of Rs 350 or standard
ASP rate, whichever is applicable, is liable to be charged from the customer.
*The list shall be amended from time to time along with new additions.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
USER EXPRESSELY AGREES THAT USE OF TOSHIBA WEBSITE IS AT USER'S SOLE RISK. NEITHER
TOSHIBA, ITS AFFILIATES NOR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, THIRD PARTY
CONTENT PROVIDERS OR LICENSORS WARRANT THAT TOSHIBA WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED
OR ERROR FREE; NOR DO THEY MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED
FROM USE OF TOSHIBA WEBSITE, OR AS TO THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY OR CONTENT OF ANY
INFORMATION, SERVICE, OR MERCHANDISE PROVIDED THROUGH TOSHIBA WEBSITE.
TOSHIBA WEBSITE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND,
EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR
IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OTHER
THAN THOSE WARRANTIES WHICH ARE IMPLIED BY AND INCAPABLE OF EXCLUSION, RESTRICTION
OR MODIFICATION UNDER THE LAWS APPLICABLE TO THIS AGREEMENT.
THIS DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY APPLIES TO ANY DAMAGES OR INJURY CAUSED BY ANY FAILURE
OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION
OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS, COMMUNICATION LINE FAILURE, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION
OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, ALTERATION OF, OR USE OF RECORD, WHETHER FOR BREACH OF
CONTRACT, TORTIOUS BEHAVIOR, NEGLIGENCE, OR UNDER ANY OTHER CAUSE OF ACTION. USER
SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGES THAT TOSHIBA IS NOT LIABLE FOR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE
OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF OTHER USERS OR THIRD PARTIES AND THAT THE RISK OF INJURY FROM
THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH USER.
IN ADDITION TO THE TERMS SET FORTH ABOVE, NEITHER TOSHIBA NOR ITS AFFILIATES, INFORMATION
PROVIDERS OR CONTENT PARTNERS SHALL BE LIABLE REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE OR DURATION,
FOR ANY ERRORS, INACCURACIES, OMISSIONS, OR OTHER DEFECTS IN, OR UNTIMELINESS OR
UNAUTHENTICITY OF, THE INFORMATION CONTAINED WITHIN TOSHIBA WEBSITE, OR FOR ANY
DELAY OR INTERRUPTION IN THE TRANSMISSION THEREOF TO THE USER, OR FOR ANY CLAIMS
OR LOSSES ARISING THEREFROM OR OCCASIONED THEREBY. NONE OF THE FOREGOING PARTIES
SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY THIRD-PARTY CLAIMS OR LOSSES OF ANY NATURE, INCLUDING, BUT
NOT LIMITED TO, LOST PROFITS, PUNITIVE OR ONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.